nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Testing for pesticde residues

  • From: "Lori Rizzo" <larizzo@charter.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Testing for pesticde residues
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:22:04 -0400

Interesting – used a neighbor’s horse manure for the first time this year in one of the gardens, and all the peppers died, half the tomatoes, and the corn was extremely stunted and most never produced.  Luckily, the other plot panned out well.  To this point, I’ve been blaming it on the excessive rains we had this year – and the fact the manure wasn’t that well composed when I spread it.  Also, I figured the other plot drained better. However, I didn’t use the horse manure on the other plot.  I’ll have to test the manure out and see, I guess.  This is a nice source, though I’d rather use rabbit & llama manure, if I can find a good source at a low cost.

Lori – 7b, Maryville, TN

Lori Rizzo, RN BSN MBA

Health Care Quality Improvement

Pet Training & Behavior Improvement!