nafex - [NAFEX] Aminopyralid Suspended in Britain

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Aminopyralid Suspended in Britain
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:52:13 -0500

Thu, 24th July 2008

Aminopyralid Suspended Official

I’m seeing reports, unconfirmed now confirmed, at the moment, that the Aminopyralid based herbicides have been withdrawn and that the licence has been suspended.

I must say this is brilliant news, if true, but the toxic manure problem is likely to be with us for some years yet. Even in every farmer stops using his stock (possible, I suppose) then it is still in the system. Cattle are still eating and excreting this chemical. It could take 3 years to de-activate in a manure pile.

I’ve seen no official announcement on the PSD web site or DOW website.

It now states on the PSD web site amongst other things:

"PSD has accepted this and amended the approval of all products containing aminopyralid to suspend the approval for sale, supply, and use with immediate effect whilst further investigations are undertaken.

Not quite absolute victory, but near. Please check the comments below for other info

Sun, 7th June 2009

Just for information.
It looks as if the ACP may recommend that the licence for aminopyralid be reinstated.
I’m not sure whether I am allowed to post a link but if so try visiting
http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/acp.asp?id=2691

  • [NAFEX] Aminopyralid Suspended in Britain, Kieran &/or Donna, 08/19/2009