nafex - [NAFEX] raspberries

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] raspberries
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:00:48 -0500

My wife made a raspberry and black raspberry mix cobbler. Really
yummy. I have some Illini Hardy blackberries ripening now. I had a
few that were ripe today they are big but sour. Anyone in a milder
climate grow them? Are they sweeter in warmer weather? They don't
grow here so I cover the canes with dirt It's impractical but I do it
for fun. Berries are on lateral canes. If I don't cover the
primocanes it takes a long time for crowns to start growing in spring
and I don't get laterals. I have Canadian apples but I usually let
the animals eat them. I don't like eating apples.

  • [NAFEX] raspberries, Ernest Plutko, 08/18/2009