nafex - [NAFEX] branchspreaders

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] branchspreaders
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:10:58 -0400

I don't know if the person who  spoke of a source in PA was talking about Treform spreaders- which are pretty good, except when you have a really stiff branch, in which case you may prefer nails in wood.

The source I use for the Treform spreaders is Growers Equipment Center 800 454-8943.  They're in Biglerville PA.  They have the galvanized steel Treform types and some others I think.  Unfortunately they don't carry the galvanized nails in wood type that work best on thick, stiff branches.  The only sources for those pre-made that I know of are in Washington State.  Shipping just kills the price.  You can double up the Treforms to make a stronger spreader, however.

  • [NAFEX] branchspreaders, Alan Haigh, 08/17/2009