nafex - Re: [NAFEX] the advantage of espalliers

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] the advantage of espalliers
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:10:06 -0400

Joe Boles of Mississsauga Ont (also a NAFEX member) has developed a sparkling example of an espalier of pears. He sent these pics to our Ontario group a few years ago and I am taking liberty to pass them of to a wider audience. The 1st pic isĀ  full view of the producing espalier, the 2nd in dormancy, the 3rd is another while in fruit production. I believe there are several varieties of pears grafted onto the branches.

Pics may be seen at: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/JBarbowski/Espalier/

jmb