nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry runners

  • From: "Raby, Brian" <brian.raby@roche.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry runners
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:38:14 -0400

Regarding my message from a few weeks ago regarding the lack of strawberry runners on my plants.  Uhmm… never mind.

I usually check over my plants every week, checking for weeds and Japanese beetles.   This weekend, after a few days of hot weather (correlation unknown at this time), the runners are coming along.  As mentioned by a previous writer, not all of the varieties that I have are producing runners.  However, it is a great to see, knowing that the harvests that I get every year will continue.

Brian

Sheridan, IN

Zone 5a/b