nafex - [NAFEX] Alien life forms on grape leaf.

  • From: John Maurer <jmaurer73@verizon.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Alien life forms on grape leaf.
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:03:36 -0400

Hi all. Newbie grape grower, first time poster. Went out to the grape vines today and found one leaf on a Glenora vine that was covered with pointed green spikes about 3/32 inch diameter and 1/2 inch long. Only one leaf is affected. The spikes are growing right out of the leaf, about 3/4 of the leaf is covered. Does anyone know what this could be? I have photos, email me directly at j m a u r e r 7 3 at v e r i z o n dot net if you'd like me to send them to you.

Thanks in advance,
John Maurer
Northern VA
Zone 6b/7a