nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Shizuka

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <ossoeo@myfairpoint.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Shizuka
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:25:58 -0400

Eric,
Our Shizukas fit the standard description and color similarly to Mutsu; and only those with full exposure to sun demonstrate the slight blush. An absolutely stellar apple here when the season is long enough to ripen it. One bite should tell you if you've got the real thing. If yours IS real AND redder than standard, I'd be interested:-)
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME Zone 5