nafex - [NAFEX] bragging or sharing?

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bragging or sharing?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:03:22 -0400

I wasn't trying to brag things up- it's just that this year is actually setting up to be quite the fruit growing disappointment if the rain doesn't slow up.  I said "of course" about the blueberries because everyone out here is getting a great crop of them and the point is that even in bad seasons some things do very well.  Also it's interesting to me to find out that blueberries can actually perform so well in this ridiculous weather.

We can grow many kinds of fruit here but I'm hoping even an Iowan might find some benefit from my observations.  You learn the most growing things in adverse conditions.  If you want to be jealous of someone, I suggest you focus on a grower living in the state of California.  We Easterners have to work pretty hard for our fruit.

This is spoken with a light heart, I hope you know.

<Well that's all I have time for now- got to go pick another gallon of
blueberries before they drop.  Of course they've been absolutely great.<

Ya know, Alan, there are just some things the rest of us don't want to know