nafex - Re: [NAFEX] climate, weather and fruit

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] climate, weather and fruit
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:11:23 -0600

My Shiros are ready now.  Just starting though. Has bee 100 degrees for at least a week here and have medium to high 90s predicted for next week.  My microclimate is about 10 degrees above that.  We have a hill behind us on the east that sends the western sun/ heat right down on us.  We are about the last place to freeze in fall and often escape the spring frosts.

Naomi

Payette Idaho

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein