nafex - Re: [NAFEX] California’s tree crops are screwed, says new report

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] California’s tree crops are screwed, says new report
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:17:06 -0700

No opinion or debate follows:

 I’ve read the original research – much more comprehensive than the press release/report; and am in correspondence with the authors.  One might want to read the paper and then specify methodological deficiencies.

It happens constantly, especially in science, that research is simplified to the point where misunderstanding or rationalization is possible.  I don’t know what a good answer would be.  Not everyone can comfortably read original papers.  Perhaps trust the abstracts, or read detailed summaries is science-for-the-public journals like Discovery?