nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What's the difference between Champagne Currants &WhiteCurrants?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What's the difference between Champagne Currants &WhiteCurrants?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:35:53 -0500

Jung's, Raintree Nursery, and Nourse Farms all sell what they are calling 'Pink Champagne' currant.

I've got one. It grows well. The berries seem very similar to the Primus white currant I've got, not much like the red one (Rovada, which has bigger berries that are much more sour).

But maybe I'm not letting the white currant ripen long enough, since those berries are also kind of pink, or beige color, when I pick them.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
History has repeatedly shown that when nations do not take early and aggressive action to get credit flowing again, they have crises that last years and years instead of months and months - years of low growth, low job creation, and low investment that cost those nations far more than a course of bold, upfront action. - President Barack Obama