nafex - Re: [NAFEX] When to pick apricots

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] When to pick apricots
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:18:44 -0500

and I have a very happy squirrel population. sigh. . .

No apricots here this year (the blossoms all froze, as usual), but I spent months worrying about my squirrel problem and trying to discourage them. Well, that worked, but now the birds are pecking holes in everything (especially the apples and nectarines).

If it's not one thing, it's another, huh? At least I don't have deer (though I chased a half-grown opossum out of the yard the other day).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Science doesn't pass judgment on phenomena; it passes judgment on theories. - Sean Carroll