nafex - Re: [NAFEX] gooseberry seeds

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] gooseberry seeds
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:22:32 -0700

Best results with cuttings, at least here in Oregon, come when you take the cuttings in the fall before all the leaves are off. Six inch cuttings, put about 4-5 inches into sand in a protected locale will sprout out in spring and be ready to set out.
I have the new thornless "Jeanne" going that way. First berries on it this year, but not yet ripe. It's a late ripening variety, so it extends the season.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/