nafex - [NAFEX] BAY102-W4508BD5E339F5DD195417AE3260@phx.gbl

My parents have had a Northstar cherry tree in their back yard for over 20 years.  It is a little tree (maybe 12 ft tall now) that produces gallons of cherries every year.  They are delicious deep red berries with red flesh and lots of dark red juice.  Left on the tree to ripen fully, they are nearly sweet enough to eat without sugar.  My brother and I freeze them to eat just as they are in the winter.  We add a little sugar or honey, but they're great by themselves.  The birds like them best just a few days before we think they are ripe enough to pick  . . . .

Tim Inman
Randolph, Iowa

  • [NAFEX] BAY102-W4508BD5E339F5DD195417AE3260@phx.gbl, Tim Inman, 07/09/2009