nafex - [NAFEX] Painting Fire Blight

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Painting Fire Blight
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:08:13 -0500

William C. Garthright asked, "I assume this is to prevent the spread of the disease, Jim, but are you
not cutting off the diseased parts of the tree?"

The only branches I cut off are those that are obviously dead. My Yellow Transparent Apple is infected from where I cut of dead branches neat the top, all the way down the trunk to within 24" from the ground. Now, orchard visitors ask, "Why did you paint that tree red?"

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Painting Fire Blight, Jim Fruth, 07/07/2009