nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Beach Plum questions

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Beach Plum questions
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:23:27 -0700

I had a beach plum on St. Julian rootstock for many years, so the species can be grafted to avoid the suckering problem. Mine was about six feet tall, more like a big bush than a tree. I only had one, and it bloomed so late nothing was left in bloom to pollinate it, so I never got fruit.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/