nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Don't use Bt

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Don't use Bt
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe it's not Bt. I'm at a loss to explain it any other way. The tent caterpillers that plagued me for years disappeared completely (good riddance) an the only ones I see now are the yellow swallowtail larvae. They are always dead and I don't put anything even remotely toxic near the garden. It all happened after I sprayed Bt. I found the can in the shed and it clearly says "contains live bacteria."
Regardless I don't think the ones in the can were active or living any longer, so i felt no qualms about discarding it in a landfill.