nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cassis redux

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: <rmelrose@danvilleVT.net>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cassis redux
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:18:58 -0700

I find my liqueurs just improve with age; I start using them at six months.
Maybe the dried fruit, maybe the time of it's 'steeped', maybe the sugar
amount, or the proof of the alcohol? Boiling would not work. I think it's
the recipe. Also, I would really exclude stems or leaves, which can leave
an off-taste which might become greater over time, as the flavor compounds
evaporate. That evaporation will occur and harm the flavor it the liqueur
isn't kept well sealed.

~ Stephen