nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Eating field mushrooms

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Eating field mushrooms
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:58:40 -0500

Jerry,  That's a good story!  Bringing the subject back to fruit, I was picking wild elderberries in England one day and these two kids saw me and asked why I was picking poisonous berries. I said they weren't poisonous, and when they didn't believe me, I ate some.  They were horrified.
    It was in England I learned to pick field mushrooms, which I am happy to say are plentiful here in Tenn too.  I never buy mushrooms, just wait for the season to arrive.  My kids always hated mushrooms, but they knew that if they could find some, I'd make pizza.  So they kept a sharp eye out for them.    Donna