nafex - Re: [NAFEX] recipes wanted: black currant and gooseberry

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] recipes wanted: black currant and gooseberry
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:32:07 -0600

Another nice thing about the runover technique is that you can stick your finger in the runover goo and see if you got the sweetening right without cutting into the pie before it is served.  If it is too twangy there is time to locate some ice cream to go with it.

This time it seems to have come out quite nicely. Sweet enough to be good.. twangy enough to be interesting.

Naomi

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein