nafex - Re: [NAFEX] input, output- not flavor

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] input, output- not flavor
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:23:34 -0600

Used geese for lawnmowing for years.  Had to put relatively low fences around flowerbeds and trees or they would sit on the flowers and girdle the trees. Did not like broadleaf weeds but mowed the grass just fine.  Now trying a sheep.  Mindy does not seem inclined to eat the trees.  We still have fences around the flower beds and she will eat broadleaves as well and grasses.

But the real reason I got Mindy was that I wanted to try making sheep milk yogurt.  It is supposed to be incredible.  Goat milk makes great cheese  but not so great yogurt.  And the goats eat the trees and bushes first so they have to stay in the pasture area.

Naomi

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein