nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 77, Issue 93

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 77, Issue 93
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:27:51 -0500

Organic produce can be pretty, but it is almost always tasty.

I don't want to get involved in an argument about organic food, but let's keep in mind that taste is very subjective. If you think it's going to taste better, it probably will.

I've eaten some good organic fruit and some bad organic fruit (I especially remember some bananas that were just terrible, for some reason). But none of it can match the fruit I grow in my backyard (no bananas, unfortunately). Of course, a lot of that is probably subjective, too.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
This war diminishes our security, our standing in the world, our military, our economy, and the resources that we need to confront the challenges of the 21st century. By any measure, our single-minded and open-ended focus on Iraq is not a sound strategy for keeping America safe. - President Barack Obama