nafex - [NAFEX] organic people are?"unscientific".?

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] organic people are?"unscientific".?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:50:37 -0700

It was posed:

Someone, I think it was Fluffy or maybe Alan who said organic people
are?"unscientific".?

My reply:

It was not I. I have seen some sickeningly scientific organic growers - and
they know their stuff and their cash register go "ring, ring". And here is
paradox, organic hydroponic growers; they are hardly unscientific.
Personally I like the art side of it (probably not the wisest move if you
actually need a cash crop), running on instincts, memories, superstition,
planting under the moon, counting speckled newts, and the joy of convincing a
nubile wench that your crops will only grow on ground consecrated by and act
of physical intimacy; trust me it is a lot more fun than taking a soil sample
into an AG lab. Ah to be young again...

My only comment on organic growers is I just wish more would open up their
eyes to what they are really doing and accurately assess the inputs and
outputs. Sometimes things are not as we think they are. Then again
sometimes they are better. I think one of my favorite books is Plowman's
Folly...and some of the bio-dynamic stuff is interesting. Trust me you can
do far worse then being out under the full moon with you wife planting some
beans on a spring evening, a nice beverage, a good hard cheese, some dried
fruit from the previous fall, a blanket, a few stars and once the beans are
planted you hold hands and look up at the stars - not bad at all, and if the
beans come up so much the better.

Regards,

Lil ol' me

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] organic people are?"unscientific".?, fuwa fuwa usagi, 06/13/2009