nafex - Re: [NAFEX] melons

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] melons
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:58:33 -0700

Don't just mulch - sheet mulch. The only weed I have that will grow up through a recent sheet mulch is bindweed. The rest are suppressed...at least until seeds fall into the mulch and germinate.  I sheet mulch using cardboard. The larger the piece of cardboard, the fewer seams there are for bindweed to find its way through.