nafex - Re: [NAFEX] melons

  • From: "Raby, Brian" <brian.raby@roche.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] melons
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:53:08 -0400

Here's my question to the melon growers. I have had pretty good luck myself
growing the cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkin, etc... What is frustrating to me
is keeping down the weeds. When the plants are small and just starting off,
you can go thru the garden with either hoe or tiller. Once the vines get to
spreading, "game over, man".

Mulching does no good for me cuz the weeds will grow right thru it. Any
suggestions?

Brian
Hortonville, IN
Zone 5/6