nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Southern FF Conference, & NNGA 100th.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Southern FF Conference, & NNGA 100th.
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:56:20 EDT

Thank you Lee for the SFF program. Wish I could attend, but that is 10 days before the Northern Nut Growers 100th Annual meeting and I'll be up to my eyebrows (and sinking)  in last minute preperations.

Now I wouldn't take advantage of this post, but for anyone interested, details can be seen at: WWW.nutgrowers.org and WWW.nutgrowing.org

The speakers list (not web posted yet) includes the following:

Jerry Henkin, Stratifying Black Walnuts and Butternuts

Jeanne Romero-Severson, Univ. of Notre Dame,  on her Butternut cultivar work

Sean Hoban, Univ. of Notre Dame, Preserving Butternuts in the Wild

Bill Lord, A History of the American Butternut

Michele Warmund, Univ of Missouri, Black Walnut Ambers:  New information on an Old Problem

Sandra Anagnostakis, Connecticut AES, Where are the Ozark Chinquapins?; Planting Chestnuts in the Forest; Why Treasurers Get Gray Hair

Dennis Fulbright, et al, Mich State Univ., Improving Chestnut Quality

Tom Molnar, Rutgers Univ. Hybrid Hazelnut Consortium

Wes Rice, Author and Research Grower, Pecans for the Orient: An Update

Kirk Pomper, KSU, (yet untitled) Pawpaw

Greg Reighard, Clemson Univ., (yet untitled) Persimmon

Greg Miller, NNGA President, Moderating round table of past NNGA Presidents

Greg Miller, NNGA President, Looking into the crystal ball for the next 100 years

Ron Overton, Purdue Univ., Small-scale Irrigation for Trees

Bob Karfalt, Purdue Univ., Seed Quality for Germination

Mike Ostry, Purdue Univ., Butternut Conservation

Mark Coggeshall, Univ of Missouri, Walnut Improvement and Cultivar Development

Jim McKenna, USDA - Forest Service at Purdue Univ., Chinese Chestnut Resistance to Chestnut Blight

Paul Howard, Purdue Univ., Pawpaw variety trials

Keith Woeste, Purdue Univ., Black Walnut Nursery Density Trial

Matt Krausher, Purdue Univ., Herbicide Considerations for Young Trees

Lisa Worthen, Putdue Univ., Pollinizer Effects on Chestnut Seed Size

Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your fingertips. (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)

  • Re: [NAFEX] Southern FF Conference, & NNGA 100th., Jwlehman, 06/10/2009