nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Researching Agricultural History

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Researching Agricultural History
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

Don't overlook the public library as a source of information. You may be surprised at what might be lurking in their special collections. Also librarians tend to be very helpful in pointing you in the right direction. Otherwise, I understand the Berkely botanical garden has some well informed people working there. I just wish I could get my hands on some seed from their heat-resistant redwoods. everyone around here would just think they were cypress trees for the first twenty years or so.