nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Dead Peaches

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Dead Peaches
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:49:01 -0700 (PDT)

Toni, not all fungi are black. I'm not saying what you have on your elderberries is fungus, but it might be. In my experience, there's not much that will harm elderberries. Maybe because they spread so fast I never noticed any disease. One volunteer can be several hundred next year if you're not careful. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it bothers you, then spray it (I like a 10% skim milk solution for fungus.)