nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pitted pears

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pitted pears
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:58:01 -0700

I've seen something similar on pears here in Oregon when the young fruit was struck by hail. The damage usually occurs early enough in the season that the hail misses all but the widest part. We usually see only one mark to a fruit because two hits will make the fruit drop.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/