nafex - Re: [NAFEX] My problem with global warming discussion

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] My problem with global warming discussion
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 08:54:25 -0500

If this were a debate between climatologists, meteorologists and others in related fields it might be interesting to me but this all seems like a rehashing of arguments I've heard before- in fact right here-

I agree completely. What's the point, except to - possibly - harm a great fruit-growing list? I'm a layman, so I can't judge the scientific validity of these arguments, anyway. I must simply expect that the majority of climatologists know a LOT more about it than I do. They might indeed be wrong, but they're much more likely to be correct in their areas of specialty than my gut feelings.

We all have opinions, and I certainly don't mind people stating a position. To some extent, I do, myself, in my random "fortune cookie" signatures. BUT I don't see any value at all in debating off-topic subjects here. It might cause a great deal of harm, and I can't imagine that it would do any good.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
They are in you and me; they created us, body and mind; and their preservation is the ultimate rational for our existence. They have come a long way, those replicators. Now they go by the name of genes, and we are their survival machines. - Richard Dawkins