nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lapins Cherry

  • From: R F Hollaus <hollaus@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lapins Cherry
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 05:26:17 +0000 (UTC)

Ernest,
I have a link showing 'evans' on 'jumping pound' pin cherry from when I was visiting an apple farmer in Fairbanks Alaska;
http://home.comcast.net/~hollaus/Far_North/evans.htm
-left side 'evans' -right side 'jumping pound' -arrow is the graft high on JP pin.

I heard of that person that grafts the 'lapins' and he also uses 'evens to the same stock.
I did the reverse of a couple pin cherries to a sweet cherry stock and for 2 years
not showing any problems yet.  Mind you I live in the moist northwest and I need
pin cherries under the protection of the greenhouse or they would have been
overcome by disease.

Rupert.