nafex - [NAFEX] Lapins Cherry

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lapins Cherry
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:39:07 -0500

On the Far North Garden Forum there is a picture of a Lapins Cherry
grafted to a pin cherry rootstock. There is one great looking ripe
cherry in the picture. I may be too suspicious but it looks a little
like the ripe cherry was stapled on. Anyway, anyone have experience
using pin cherry as a rootstock? I think I heard somewhere about pin
cherry rootstock. I wonder if Evans cherry could be grafted on this
rootstock? There are a lot of pin cherry trees growing about 100
miles South of me but I have never seen on growing here. I have
never grafted cherries.

zone 2/3 Minnesota