nafex - [NAFEX] Loss of vigor

  • From: "Kathryn Mathews" <kathmath@charterinternet.com>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Loss of vigor
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:45:11 -0500

All my fruit trees came through our relatively cold (-25F) but snow-covered winter just fine except for a tart cherry and a cornelian cherry.  They bloomed and leafed out, but they don't have the fully-leafed out appearance they should at this point.  They are definitely alive, but look sort of anemic.  They have leaves, but you can still "see through" them and one or two smaller branches are dead.  Is this just a normal reaction to a cold winter?  The leaves on the cornelian cherry might be slightly "rolled", so it may have some kind of leaf disease.  The cherry tree doesn't look like is has any bug or disease issues.  How concerned should I be?  Is there anything I can do besides wait and see what happens?
Kathryn Mathews
Southern MN

This notice is required by IRS Circular 230, which regulates written communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their clients.  To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full “covered opinion.”  Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS.

  • [NAFEX] Loss of vigor, Kathryn Mathews, 06/04/2009