nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry........fungus?

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry........fungus?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:20:37 -0400

Sounds like yellow rust, which is a fungus but it's systemic. I (and my
neighbors) have ild blackberries infected with it, hich is why I've never
really tried blackberries or black raspberries.

I do have a potted blackberry plant that a NEFEXer gave me that
miraculously hasn't caught it in a few years, so perhaps some blackberries
have resistence.
___
Ginda