nafex - [NAFEX] Pequot illini hardy etc.

  • From: "M Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pequot illini hardy etc.
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:00:09 -0400

So……..  how does Pequot taste?  Can anyone compare it to Jewel or Mac Black?

And Illini hardy, Fort Kent, etc.  Can anyone compare them for fresh eating to Chester (which is too sour for my tastes), Triple Crown, or Navaho?

Michele in SW Ohio

PS

When we get winter temps below 5 F we get substantial cane dieback--need hardier cultivars.  Chester is the hardiest of those three but Triple Crown and Navaho are planted around here and make it through many winters.