nafex - [NAFEX] Thimbleberries

  • From: "Anton Ptak" <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Thimbleberries
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:35:27 -0500

Hey northern folks - has anyone had success growing thimbleberries? I'm just south of their native range and have some spreading healthy plants that are a good 4+ yrs old by now at my previous house in mpls, but have not yet blossomed nor fruited. Would it really take that long to produce - what gives? I'm trying to decide if its something I want to try again at my new place, but at this rate am not sure. I have fond memories of picking them while backpacking up in northern MN in August (the one main reason to brave the mosquitos and flies during that time of year).

Thanks,
Anton Ptak
z4a in w. wisconsin