nafex - Re: [NAFEX] muscadine question

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] muscadine question
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 05:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

I guess it's not a muscadine after all. It must be a seedling volunteer of something else. Lon has written books filled with what I don't know about grapes. I never paid much attention to them. Maybe this vine is worth propagating after all. For rootstock if nothing else. It has plagued me for more than ten years, and despite my best efforts to kill it, it is disease free and has even managed to set fruit. I may try to root some cuttings to grow elsewhere.