nafex - Re: [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery - Hardy pears

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery - Hardy pears
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 08:55:20 -0500

A couple of weeks ago I went searching for the Mooers pear and was pleased to see they carried it, till I noticed that it was named for Mooers NY where it was discovered as a 200 year old tree. The Mooers pear I was looking for was released by U of Tenn about 1945. I emailed them and they said they didn't know the name was already taken, and would change it. If anyone got that variety, best watch see what they change the name to and do the same to yours. Donna