nafex - [NAFEX] Curing cancer with food

  • From: John Weber <todotoo@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Curing cancer with food
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 03:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

I have a friend with breast cancer that is doing well with alternative cancer
cures. I salute her. I have another friend who I will lose this year who is
doing no treatment. I believe attitude is a big piece of it but walk
carefully around this because of the possibility of blaming the patient.
Below is what I sent to the local newspapers last week.

Sometimes I just start laughing. Okay, actually, it is more of a giggle. I
can be looking at the wind playing in the trees or my great dog pouting at
how hard her life is or an eagle soaring across the lake or just sitting. I
am alive and my mirth is a celebration.

In February of 2003, I was given little time to live because of lung cancer.
I was told if I took the treatment of harsh radiation and chemotherapy that I
might have a fifty percent chance of surviving by the end of the year. And
if I survived that year, my chances of living each year after that would go
down, ending finally at a 10% chance of being alive at the end of the fifth
year. That was six and a half years ago.

For two years after treatment I went all over the state speaking to young
people about not smoking. I had billboards around the state with a picture
of my cancer tumor on it, asking people not to smoke. I told people that
even though the cancer was in remission, that my breathing was ragged because
of smoking. I could no longer do bicycle tours that I so loved or swim like
I use to. I believe I did affect some. What I can not give them is the
utter joy of being alive. I don’t know how to speak to that, except by
living it.

I am working on creating a small fruit and apple orchard with my partner.
This spring, I stood on a six foot ladder and pounded ten foot fence posts in
the ground with a four pound hammer. With others I am working to get
community gardens going. Helping with Friends of the Library. I am having a
ball.

The research that RelayForLife helps fund is part of why I thrive today.
That is one of various reasons why I support it.

John Weber
Northern Minnesota
http://www.rea-alp.com/~dragnfly