nafex - Re: [NAFEX] red-fleshed apple trees in Canada

  • From: kim m <fruitgrowing101@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] red-fleshed apple trees in Canada
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:19:22 -0600

Sarah et all. I did a pruning job on a old red fleshed apple tree in West Edmonton last year.
It was distributed by the U of A in the 1950's. It's probably Almata. I will be returning to see if the tree has survived and i will try to collect some budwood. It's a really nice apple. The tree is quite old and was in poor health.

Cheers

Kim