nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Atlantic Queen pear

  • From: John Bunker <john.p.bunker@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Atlantic Queen pear
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 08:48:04 -0400

We have Atlantic Queen up here in central Maine and we like it very much.
John Bunker
Fedco
www.fedcoseeds.com
PO Box 520
Waterville ME 04903
207-873-7333

On May 9, 2009, at 7:03 AM, Ed Fackler wrote:

Alan:

     It was an extremely weak flavored fruit in S. Indiana (in full sun) for years.  Near all catalogue descriptions are weak it seems.  Also many, if not most European types require varying degrees of post harvest handling prior to peak flavor development I think.

ed, So. Indiana...lots of rain and cool temps