nafex - [NAFEX] PC tilling

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] PC tilling
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:27:56 -0400

  " Alan, you are sounding like those nay-saying scientists who claim
something won't work, probably because they didn't think of it."

Jim, I don't think so.  I only get about 2 good ideas a year so I am open to some input.  Plus I'm far from being a scientist, I don't even take notes, unfortunately.

The thing is that before I got into this business I did a lot of research including studying Prokopy's in Mass.  At the time he was one of the leading authorities at PC control.  They do fly in from elsewhere according to him and all the other info and can scar up your apples pronto.  Even Dennis says this is just a piece of his control and he's up pretty far north where PC maybe isn't quite as intense as what I have here in Z6 NY.

Michael Phillips commented in his book that he didn't even experience PC in his, I think, Z4 orchard.