nafex - Re: [NAFEX] high altitude apple? even crazier apricot idea?

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] high altitude apple? even crazier apricot idea?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

Apricots and apples both originated in the same mountains in Central Asia. I wouldn't worry too much about your elevation. I would however, plant a wind break/ sun trap to the north of them if you have the space. If you have the elevation, you might consider putting in some swales to help with the water situation.