nafex - [NAFEX] deer love grapes?

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] deer love grapes?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:54:06 -0400

I don't manage many grapes, but on my own property and a few other sites I haven't found deer terribly attracted to grapes, especially the courser leaf types that also are not so attractive to Jap beetles.  Himrod is relatively delicate while Candadice and Reliant (and seeded Concord types) are not.  Of course, hungry deer will eat almost any plant.  As you can see by my examples, I'm only familiar with the cold hardy types being in a northeastern Z 6.

  • [NAFEX] deer love grapes?, Alan Haigh, 04/20/2009