nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scout apricot

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scout apricot
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:57:08 -0500

The Amish nurseries around here are selling it so I bought one last year. Mine looks fine, buds swelling, no tip damage. But then of course, it important to remember that we only got down to a balmy -25F this year.

~mIEKAL

Just bought something being sold as a Yellow cherry at the Mennonite nursery yesterday. Don't know anything about it, but I'm thinking if it ripens yellow, it'll take a while before the robins figure it out & harvest the tree for me.