nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rosemary hardiness

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rosemary hardiness
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:38:04 -0500

Title: Message
Don't expect to get a very hardy clone of rosemary; it always winterkills here in St. Paul (zone 4b) even though I sometimes leave a plant in a most-protected location.  Some years it will overwinter in west-central Kansas (zone 6) for my mom; some years it winterkills, all depends on the winter. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.