nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Named Elderberries - no thanks

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Named Elderberries - no thanks
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:19:05 -0500

I've had the named varieties you mention for almost 20 years & never
experienced the drop off you mention. The plantings are slowly
drifting sunward but no noticeable decline. My issue is racing the
robins for all the ripe fruit. Usually they end up with more than
half. I also have a lot of the native elderberries around here which
the robins almost never harvest, not sure why that is.

~mIEKAL