nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cold hardy blackberries

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cold hardy blackberries
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:56:21 -0500

Try it. It turns out, at least for me, cold hardy plants do better
than tender plants under the snow or much better under a pile of soil
and then snow. Plants come out of hibernation early in the spring
and don't like being buried. When uncovered, here in spring it can
easily be 60 F and then 0 F a few hours later. This is when tender
plants die.