nafex - [NAFEX] timing application of lime sulphur/dormant oil

  • From: seth jones <setjon@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] timing application of lime sulphur/dormant oil
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:22:25 -0400

I'm running behind in my spraying regimen. I want to apply a dormant oil/lime sulphur mix and am wondering if it's too late. Here in zone 5a (but a little cooler in my micro climate) most of my trees are begining to swell buds. Some are in silver tip. None have opened yet but with 4-5 days of warmer sunny weather predicted I think my window is closing fast. Is it still safe at silver tip or should i just go with the sulphur? Last summer was very wet here and I had a few small scab outbreaks in my apples. Also some Peach Leaf Curl.
Thanks
Seth Jones
zone 5A